The colors of the Chakras are at their simplest level the colors of the rainbow. But they are so much more than just colors. Each of them has their own significance and meaning and their tone works in harmony with the frequency of their specific Chakra. The colors themselves can be ‘read’ and interpreted and can be used in healing, bringing balance back to your energy. Each color has its’ own associations, meanings and interpretations;
* Red; Red is a dynamic color, it can be very stimulating, indicative of power, survival, passion even anger or danger.
* Orange; Orange is much more sensual in its’ nature, it is about creative flow and is linked with your emotional energy. Deep thinkers or those that analyze people and situations a great deal can show orange in their aura.
* Yellow; Although it is the international color of danger it can denote a warm and sunny personality, someone people are instinctively drawn to which usually indicates a good sense of humor and an amiable personality. It links very much with your ability to concentrate and focus.
* Green; The most obvious association is with Mother Nature and the Great Outdoors. It is so much more than that though, it is associated strongly with the all encompassing energy of the heart, in an organic truthful compassionate sense of love.
* Blue; Blue is the color of communication. It is associated with honesty and truthfulness; it will often show up in the aura of both the healer as well as the person being healed.
* Indigo; This color is very much associated with your mystical and spiritual aspect, your intuition and psychic vibes.
* Violet; Again this is a mystical color, it is a color of magical charisma and all things of a psychic nature.
When you then add to this the appropriate Chakra and ITS’ own associations, meanings and interpretations you start to get a glimpse of the sorts of secrets the Chakras are holding on to!
* Red and The Base Chakra; The Base Chakra links with your survival needs and your basic instincts, it is associated on a physical level with your external sexual organs.
* Orange and The Sacral Chakra; The Sacral Chakra is your emotional center, it links with your creative ability not just on a physical level but on an artistic and inspirational level too.
* Yellow and The Solar Plexus Chakra; The Solar Plexus is very much about your digestion not just about the physical food you consume but also the things or people in life you find so hard ‘to stomach’! It has associations with pent up or stored anger and with the organ of the liver directly.
* Green and The Heart Chakra; Obviously this affects the heart but not just in the way you love others but also in the way you treat yourself. It is associated with self nurturing as much as showing compassion for others. It may be an area that can be closed off or may be holding on to difficult emotions such as grief, embitterment or guilt.
* Blue and The Throat Chakra; The Throat Chakra is very much about how you express yourself, not just verbally as your body language is after all another way of communicating! It can also link with your ability to adapt to change – or not!
* Indigo and The Third Eye Chakra; This is the realm of imagination – of the good kind; where you see images in your mind of your hopes, dreams and aspirations. Equally though it may be of the not so good kind; where your mind runs away with fearful images and conjures up barriers, excuses and worries that can stop you moving forward.
* Violet and The Crown Chakra; This Chakra links with your minds’ control center, the pineal gland. It is all about your spiritual, Authentic Self, it is the major opening to your connection with the greater Universe and the Divine.
Although you are using your intuition and sensitivity when working with the Chakras and their colors it is always useful to have a basic knowledge of their common traits and characteristics. Understanding the extent of the information and the possibilities, allows you to use your innate intuitive knowledge to discern much more accurately just what the colors are reflecting back to you.